If I Thought Last Week Was Bad...
I feel pretty stupid for moaning about not giving birth last week when it was NOT EVEN MY DUE DATE YET. Now that I am three days past my due date, it is really time for the moaning. What is this kid waiting for?? Her mother to have a complete and total breakdown, brought on by intense burning ass pain, the inabiity to be on her feet for longer than ten minutes, heartburn, no sleep and NO END IN SIGHT TO THIS PREGNANCY?! If this is a glimpse into her future stubborn personality, we are in some kind of trouble.
In positive news...there is none. Ha! Of course there's positive news, though it may not feel like it right now. I'm going to have a baby! My own daughter! It really is joyous and a miracle and even though it's hard to see right now, all of this is for such a very good cause. And since I'm sick of complaining to everyone I see (and THEY'VE got to be even more sick of it), here's a list of positive things about this pregnancy:
1. I never got stretch marks. Not a one. I am more amazed than anyone, believe me, since I already have them covering my hip area from adolescence. I thought I'd get quite a few, or at least one. But I am certainly not complaining!
2. No varicose veins! Again, something I thought I would not be lucky enough to escape since I already have some spider veins. Of course, we're saying this knowing that the little friend hanging out in my butt crack is a form of a varicose vein. So I guess this one isn't really true.
3. Not a huge weight gain. I'm in the 30-35 lb area, which is fine by me. I was a bit worried in the beginning when I was eating like a starving sailor who's just seen his first McDonald's after a year at sea.
4. Little to no water retention. I'm still wearing my jewelry (rings included) and the same shoes. I didn't get cankles. Hooray!
5. My morning sickness didn't last the whole pregnancy.
6. My cervix held up nicely. Remember when I was worried about incompetent cervix? Well, now it appears my cervix is holding up TOO nicely!
7. Few to no headaches. Another one I was worried about, since I have chronic headaches on a normal basis. I had a few in the second trimester, but most of this pregnancy has been blessedly headache-free. I haven't even worn my glasses for months.
8. Little to no back pain. Something else I was worried about.
9. My belly button never popped out and I never got the linea nigra (or whatever it's called). This, along with my lack of stretch marks, has me hoping I can recover at least some semblance of my pre-pregnancy belly in a reasonable amount of time.
So you see? It hasn't all been bad and some have had it so much worse. If we can just end it with a healthy baby, SOON, then I really have to cause to complain.